Just as with many industries in the Middle East, the event space has not escaped the exponential growth in interest and business that helps define the region. As an emerging force, there is a real sense of entrepreneurship and boldness from event planners and organizers, and a thirst for innovation. Events often have tight deadlines, large budgets, and when compared to some of the more traditional markets, less complex channels for decision makers. For providers, this presents a unique series of challenges and opportunities. There is a need to be equally as nimble and adaptable under sensitive deadlines. Subsequently Poken is experiencing a surge in interest. It is with this in mind that Poken exhibited at the Middle East Event Show in Dubai, May 24-26, 2016. Able to bring Poken’s event expertise to the fore, Poken founder and CEO, Stéphane Doutriaux was also keen to be a part of the event.
As Poken demonstrated how technology can bring ease and delight to the planning and execution of any event, there was interest from many high-profile individuals of various nationalities. It was evident to see how hot this market is for event tech, as professionals not only from The Middle East nations, but also as far away as Japan, Australia and Canada, kept the team busy with back to back meetings.
To compliment the exhibition, Poken had the pleasure of hosting a lunch & learn afternoon. It was a joy to witness the excitement of those who were coming into contact with Poken for the first time, as they got a hands-on look at Poken’s registration and meeting scheduling platforms, as well as smart devices and web portal.
The exhibition was a great opportunity for the Poken team to further discover the changes happening in this dynamic market. While a thirst for innovation and new experience drives the industry, those in the area are looking for local representation and reliable local suppliers that can relate to specific regional tastes. A key factor that bears on their decisions when selecting their event platform. Relationships are still paramount, and knowing the right people is the key to successful business.
Are you planning an event in the Middle East? Contact Poken. We have delivered high-profile events in Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Oman, and more. Here are just a few events that have been transformed by Poken’s 360° Event Platform.
- Jeddah Economic Forum – Jeddah Chamber of Commerce & Industries Jeddah KSA
- Annual Research Conference – QMDI Doha Qatar
- HMC Middle East Safety & Healthcare Forum – Hamad Medical Center, Doha Qatar
- Ajman Municipality Environmental Conference – Ajman Municipality , Ajman UAE
- International Annual Audit Conference – International Audit Association Dubai Chapter, Dubai UAE
- Home of Innovation – Riyadh KSA
- Dubai Innovation Week – DEWA Dubai UAE
- INSARAG Global Meeting – Abu Dhabi Police UAE
- Police & Security Conference – Rabdan Academy – Aby Dhabi Police
- Cyber Security & Information Technology Conference – TMC Events & Conference Dubai UAE
- Saudi Dental Annual Conference & Exhibition – Saudi Dental Society Riyadh KSA